Some People Collect Rare Fish

via Gfycat


Others collect autographs or baseball cards or any of a thousand other things, usually related to sports or heritage or some perceived future value. Well, I'm a dork. A fully nerded out space geek. I love the space program, I love science, I love math, and I love what our best and brightest minds did when challenged to go to the moon by President Kennedy in 1961. They did it.

In the Summer of 2008, I fulfilled a lifelong dream to go to Space Camp, traveling to Huntsville, Alabama with my son and family for a Parent/Child weekend. While there, we saw one of the Apollo space program relics, the command module from Apollo 16, and I got an idea: some men travel to see all the MLB ballparks, why can't I travel to see all of the Apollo capsules on display throughout the country? So beginning that very weekend, that's what I set out to do. This blog is the chronicle of that journey. Not in chronological order, come along with me...

No comments: